10. Showing appreciation for your guy can make a big difference in the way he acts. Take parenting. Studies show that fathers are more involved in care-giving when their wives value their involvement and see them as competent.
11. OK, so maybe this one is no secret. The majority of men under age 60 think about sex at least once a day, compared with only a quarter of women. And that’s not all. Men fantasize about sex nearly twice as often as women do, and their fantasies are much more varied.
12. It’s a myth that most men think sex is just sex. For many, sex is a very important act between two committed people. And just like most women, men find sexual intimacy to be most satisfying in the context of a committed relationship. One reason is that long-term partners know how to please one another better than strangers do.
13. Most guys feel as though they’re the ones who always initiate sex. But they also like to be pursued and wish their partner would take the lead more often. Don’t be shy about letting your guy know you’re in the mood. Initiating sex some of the time may lead to a higher level of satisfaction for both of you.
14. Men, much to many women’s surprise, aren’t always in the mood for sex. Just like women, men are often stressed by the demands of work, family, and paying the bills. And stress is a big libido crusher. When a guy says, “not tonight,” it doesn’t mean he’s lost interest in you. He just means he doesn’t want to have sex right then.
15. Your pleasure is important to your man. But he won’t know what you want unless you tell him. Too many women feel uncomfortable talking about what they like and don’t like. If you can tell him clearly in a way that doesn’t bruise his ego, he’ll listen. Because he knows he’ll feel good if you feel good.
16. Most men get performance anxiety on occasion, especially as they age. Your guy may worry about his physique, technique, and stamina. If you can help him learn to relax and stay focused on the pleasures of the moment, sex will become less stressful.
17. If a man doesn’t feel loved and appreciated in his relationship, he may turn elsewhere for satisfaction. For one man, that may mean burying himself in work. Another may develop a fixation on sports or video games. And some men cheat. To avoid this, spouses need to work together to meet each other’s needs.
18. Most men realize there’s a lot to lose if a long-term relationship goes sour — not just each other’s company, but the entire life you’ve built together. If you’re willing to work to strengthen your marriage, chances are your man will be, too.
Okay – there you have it.
Agree – disagree?
What do you think?